St Petersburg College
St. Petersburg College
St. Petersburg, FL
Admin - Libraries
Peoplesoft ID: 10491
Formal Review of applications begins: Mar 11, 2018
St. Pete / Gibbs
Key Position Information:
The West Community Branch Library at St. Petersburg College is a Joint-Use library serving both the SPC community as well as members of the public.
The position provides Reference and Instruction and maintains the policies and procedures of the library during the evening hours. Other key functions of the position are the promotion of library goals and objectives, participation in collection development, oversight of the Information Desk and the supervision/ training of staff and work-study students.
This is a 20 hour per week position to cover evening shifts from 4:00pm to 9:00pm Mondays through Thursdays with the possibility of covering other shifts as needed.Position Summary:
This class is the fourth of six levels in the Library Services series. Incumbents perform professional librarian functions within a higher education setting. Responsibilities may include providing research and reference services for patrons; overseeing various library operations and staff including circulation, material inventory, cataloging, and acquisition; and recommending and implementing policies and procedures. Incumbents may oversee work of lower level library staff and student workers.
- Bachelors degree in Library Science.
- A Masters degree in Library or Information Science is preferred.
- Two (2) years of professional experience as a Librarian.
- Demonstrated success in providing library instruction, reference, and access services in higher education.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Supervisory principles;
- Customer service principles;
- Library operations, principles, and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Policy and procedure development practices;
- Automated library system software applications;
- Advisory and reference resources;
- Collection development principles;
- Cataloguing systems;
- Research methods;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Monitoring and evaluating employees;
- Providing customer service;
- Operating automated library systems;
- Processing incoming library materials;
- Cataloguing library items;
- Evaluating and developing library collections;
- Conducting research;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
- Incumbents may be subjected to dust, poor ventilation, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and light travel.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.Potential Frequency
- Performs and oversees a wide range of library circulation activities, which includes: assisting and training patrons, student workers, faculty, and staff in finding print and electronic resources; ascertaining and responding to patrons needs; searching materials for patrons; communicating library policies and procedures; and/or performing related activities. Daily 30%
- Develops and maintains, monitors, and evaluates collections in assigned area of responsibility; recommends additions and removal of collection items; processes purchased and donated materials; orders supplies and catalogs materials; and performs related activities. Daily 15%
- Develops and facilitates instructional classes on utilizing the library, which includes: analyzing instructional needs; preparing materials and curriculum; developing supplemental materials; and, performing other related activities. Daily 15%
- Coordinates library operations which include implementing and recommending library policies and procedures. Daily 10%
- Promotes the librarys services; prepares postings on Blackboard; assists with creating, planning, implementing, and marketing reference and instructional materials, services, and programs. Daily 10%
- May prioritize and assign work to lower level staff; monitor the performance of lower level staff; train staff on work methods and procedures; and participate on staff evaluations. Daily 20%
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. As RequiredEqual Access/Equal Opportunity
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct. Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith, the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at ************; by mail at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at ***************************.
St. Petersburg College
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
St Petersburg College