Software Engineer III
The National Geospatial Program provides leadership for USGS geospatial coordination, production and service activities. The Program engages partners to develop standards and produce consistent and accurate data through its Geospatial Liaison Network. Operational support is provided by the National Geospatial Technical Operations Center (NGTOC). These and other Program activities that are essential to the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) are managed as a unified portfolio that benefits geospatial information users throughout the Nation. The NGTOC provides essential support for the USGS and the Nation in the acquisition and management of trusted geospatial data, products, and services, through world-class geospatial technical expertise and customer service. The NGTOC supports The National Map (TNM) among other related efforts.
We are looking for qualified individual to provide software engineering support to NGTOC.
* Develop custom tools and scripts for ingestion and manipulation of elevation data.
* Develop custom tools and scripts for manipulation of elevation related metadata.
* Design and implement acyclic directed graph data structure (RasterGraph) to maintain elevation raster relationships.
* Implement PL/pgSQL database functions to process elevation service spatial queries.
* Development of new tools, applications, and services needed for the implementation of 3DEP.
* Preparation and maintenance of elevation related software documentation.
* Investigation of new elevation technologies and techniques.
* Provide training and/or presentations regarding the background and use of elevation related systems.
* Write PhP front end for elevation point query service
* Communication of pertinent technical information to elevation team and customers.
* Collaborate with GIS analysts, make recommendations and design solutions to GIS problems
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Science or GIS
* Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software
* Technical proficiency with C#, C , C, Python, PL/pgSQL, ASP.NET, Postres/PostGIS, LINUX
* Experience with spatial database administration
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokee-cnt.com.
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT's expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two links:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
The Cherokee Nation is the federally recognized government of the Cherokee people and thereby has sovereign status granted by treaty and law. The seat of tribal government is the W.W. Keeler Complex near Tahlequah , Oklahoma , capital of the Cherokee Nation. Please visit http://www.cherokee.org/Government/Default.aspx for more information about Cherokee Nation and affiliates.