Senior Information Scientist
Senior Information Scientist
Job Number: 284832
Description: A Senior Information Scientist job in Whippany, New Jersey, is currently available through Belcan. To be considered for this job, you will have a Bachelor's degree in biomedical life sciences (Pharmacology/Biology/Medicine) with a minimum of seven to ten years of professional information analysis experience using advanced analysis including text mining databases and analysis vocabularies. In this Senior Information Scientist job you will be responsible for the retrieval and analysis of high quality data; and the evaluation and management of information in a variety of formats.
Senior Information Scientist Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Retrieve and analyze high quality data from commercial medical, science and business online and web-based databases for a customer base and a legal department with unique and complex information requirements.
• Identify, evaluate, and implement new information sources, databases, applications and techniques with focus on text and data mining for project leaders and management; and handle confidential information requests within strict timelines and interact with key decision makers and upper management in local and global groups.
• Analyze site information training needs and direct the development and implementation of all end-user training programs needed to teach users how to search a variety of complex desktop electronic resources; design and prepare all instructional materials for end-users; and manage end-user electronic database services, new database product trials and product implementation library information systems collection management services and proprietary information services.
• Develop strong partnerships with internal customers to ensure an understanding of their business goals and scientific objectives; determine how published and proprietary information projects relate to client's vision; and partner with vendors/suppliers to customize solutions and programs for database access and use in computer network environment; and participate in and take senior role in site and international cross-functional teams.
• Serve as information management consultant to departments seeking solutions for optimum ways of monitoring scientific literature, real-time news, and for determining best database sources to meet their critical information needs.
Senior Information Scientist Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in biomedical life sciences (Pharmacology/Biology/Medicine) with a minimum seven to ten years of professional information analysis experience using advanced analysis including text mining databases and analysis vocabularies.; OR a Master's degree in library/information science or biomedical life sciences with a minimum five to eight years of relevant experience; OR Pharm. D in subject specialty with a minimum one to three years recent experience in the field of professional information analysis in life science industry using advanced analysis technologies using databases and controlled vocabularies/thesauri.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical and corporate information services.
• In-depth advanced experience searching and evaluating commercial medical, science and/or business online and web-based databases and advanced working knowledge of library systems, acquisitions, and cataloging systems.
• Advanced experience writing programs, configuring and designing record formats in automated library systems; and experience in the field of information analysis using databases and controlled vocabularies.
If you are interested in this Senior Information Scientist job in Whippany, NJ, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world’s most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at ****Location: Whippany , NJ
Minimum Experience (yrs): 7
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart