Long Island Library Resources
· Assist patrons in the use of the library and its resources.
· Perform readers’ advisory for children, their caregivers, and teens.
· Conduct programs for children and teens.
· Participate in community outreach.
· Excellent computer skills and digital literacy is required.
· Spanish skills a plus.
· Librarian I applicants must have an MLS and a valid New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate
· Librarian Trainee applicants must be currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited library school.
· Must have 12 graduate credits in children’s services, with at least three credits in children’s literature.
This position is for the evening shift, (4-9 p.m.), up to 17 hours a week. Includes one (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) Saturday per month, and one Sunday (12-4 p.m.) shifts as needed.
Email resume by Friday, March 2nd 2018 to Tara Kohles, Head of Youth Services: