See comment below
The part-time reference and instruction librarian position at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. in Brenham provides professional library services with an emphasis on reference and instruction, under the direction of the Library Director. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a premier two-year college in Texas, and ranks among the nation's leaders at transferring students to top four-year universities while receiving national recognition for affordability. Join the Brenham campus library for an exciting opportunity to participate in the $2 million renovation of the W. L. Moody Jr Library building scheduled over the 2018-19 academic year.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., established in 1883, offers academic transfer, workforce training and continuing education classes for approximately 19,000 students across multiple campuses. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. in Brenham serves as the flagship campus, combining the excitement of a traditional college campus with Brenham's inviting atmosphere. In addition to being the only campus to offer on-campus housing for students, the Brenham Campus is home to Blinn's music, theatre, agriculture, and athletic programs. The Brenham Campus experience is further enhanced by the student activities and student life programs that offer students the opportunity to explore, learn, and develop outside of the classroom.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Type of Library:
See comment below
Master's Degree in Library/Information Science or its equivalent.
Master's degree from an ALA-accredited institution strongly preferred.
1. Strong written, oral, and instructional communication skills.
2. Effective interpersonal and computer skills.
3. Adaptability, flexibility, ability to contribute collegially and productively in a team environment.
4. Knowledge of instructional concepts, methodologies, technologies and the goals of information literacy.
5. Familiarity with library integrated software, databases, and print and non-print resources relevant to academic libraries and the ability to use and teach them effectively.
6. Ability to work effectively and enthusiastically with freshman and sophomore students.
7. Ability to use current technologies to facilitate instruction and reference duties and data collection.
Training and/or experience in the following areas:
1. Teaching in a classroom setting using a variety of instructional approaches and technologies. Planning lessons and assessing learning outcomes of instruction sessions.
2. Providing individualized instruction in research methods through reference service using a variety of traditional and electronic resources.
3. Creation of research guides, preferably using LibGuides software.
4. Creation of documents, spreadsheets, publications, and presentations with Microsoft Office applications.