Circulation Manager and Library Reference Associate
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.:
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students - both military and civilian lifestyles - and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and masters degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC).
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. takes positive action to ensure that all applicants for employment are considered, and employees are treated in compliance with applicable laws and regulations governing non-discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic information or veterans status. As an institution of higher education, Norwich is dedicated to learning, emphasizing teamwork, leadership, creativity, and critical thinking and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this guiding value.
The Circulation Manager and Library Reference Associate is responsible for the customer service experience at the library services desk and all circulation activities of the Kreitzberg Library and includes but is not limited to:
- hiring, training and supervising students to help run the library services desk and monitor the library during all hours of operation including being on call during the evening and on the weekends
- recommending policies and writing procedures for circulation operations
- billing students for lost library materials through Banner
- processing and organizing faculty reserve materials
The Circulation Manager and Library Reference Associate also provides basic reference services and serves on the librarys reference team.
- A bachelors degree; additional years of directly related experience and course work beyond high school may be substituted for degree.
- Strong supervisory skills including assigning and overseeing work, involvement in the hiring and selection of office staff and work-study students.
- Superb customer service skills.
- General knowledge of computer systems and programs including word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work independently with referring only questionable matters or matter of policy to supervisor.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a positive education and work environment that recognizes and respects the dignity of all students, faculty and staff. Reasonable accommodations will be made for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at **************** for assistance.
All candidates must be a US Citizen/Permanent Resident legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future. A post offer, pre-employment background check will be required of the successful candidate.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependent care, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, employee assistance program, paid time off including parental leave, and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application: .
Application deadline: June 1, 2018
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?