Omaha Public Schools
Omaha Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Library Media Teacher (Elementary or Secondary) - District Pool
Reports To: Building Principal and Library Media Supervisor
* Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university.
* A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s) Library/Media Technology endorsement required
* A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
* Excellent attendance record
* Excellent communication skills oral and written
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
* Positive interpersonal skills
* Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
* Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
* This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
* A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
* Developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning
* Positively fostering students’ self-esteem
* Working with and understanding a diverse student population
* Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum
* Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
* Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
* Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures
* Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials
* Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
* Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/guardians/staff
* Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job related knowledge and skill development
* Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s program; support the District’s vision, aims and goals
* Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population
*NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on the Apply Now button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education America Network.
The job posting above from Omaha Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Nebraska. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Omaha Public Schools in their postings.
Omaha Public Schools
Website : http://www.ops.org
In the Omaha Public Schools, we prepare our students for life in a world where understanding and appreciation of diversity are essential. Diversity is abundant in the Omaha Public Schools, which enrolls about 46,000 students of various ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds. Our students learn to work and play side by side - sharing discoveries and solving problems together. Omaha families value education and expect a great deal from their children and their schools. The majority of our graduates go on to college or technical schools. We are proud of our alumni who have used their education and individual talents to become valuable and contributing members of society. In the Omaha Public Schools, excellence is our standard. Our goal is to provide all students with the high-quality instruction needed to prepare for life in tomorrow's high-tech world. We are proud of our students, our staff, our special programs and our national ranking. Omaha Public Schools belongs to the North Central Association and is one of the country's few major urban school districts to maintain state AA accreditation. Our test scores exceed the national average for large school districts. Our graduates receive more than $25 million in scholarship offers annually while over 61 percent go to college or other post-secondary schools.