- Janitorial and light maintenance duties at both buildings- Minor repairs, painting and small handyman jobs at both locations as needed- Grounds maintenance, such as snow removal, weeding and tree trimming at both locations- Assists with setup, take down and janitorial duties for library programs and special events at both locations- Coordinates work of outside contractors or vendors as it pertains to building repairs or routine maintenance; makes sure that work is completed satisfactorily and follows up on any deficiencies- Keeps inventory of building supplies and places orders for items for both locations- Ensures the buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation- Provides a safe, clean, attractive, comfortable environment for patrons and staff- Responds appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deals with the consequences- Assists with future development in line with strategic business objectives- Other duties as assigned by the ExecutiveDirector
**Required Education and Experience**
- High School diploma- Minimum of three years of maintenance experience- Previous Facilities Management experience- Pennsylvania criminal, FBI fingerprint, and Pennsylvania child abuse clearances are required
**Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities**
- Knowledge of current building codes- Knowledge of basic hand tools and janitorial equipment- Basic internet and computer skills- Ability to exercise judgment and initiative- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
**Required Behavioral Competencies**
- Customer focus- Integrity and trust- Results oriented- Judgment- Excellent verbal communication- Problem solving
**Physical Requirements and Work Environment**
- This position requires frequently bending, stooping, crouching, walking, climbing and occasional kneeling or crawling; standing for long periods; using hand or fingers to manipulate touch, handle, climb or balance. Periodically will need to lift or push up to 25 pounds and rarely up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include near and far vision, depth perception and to differentiate colors. The work environment noise level is typical of a moderately noisy standard business office with equipment running, outdoors in normal urban setting.
**Tools and Equipment**
- Vacuum cleaner- Broom- Wet/Dry vacuum- Mop- Shovel- Screwdriver- Hammer- Drill- Paint and brushes- Ladder- Computer- Printer
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The responsibilities outlined above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
**Job Type**: Part-time
**Salary**: $15.00 /hour
- janitorial: 3 years