Queens Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Innovation and leadership are the hall marks of Queens Library. Our mission is to meet the needs of the community by offering lifelong learning opportunities and ensuring there is a positive impact in the community.
The Queens Library is seeking a Maintenance Manager who will be responsible for building and plant maintenance for Central Library, including the supervision of Library maintenance staff and contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinates and oversees upgrades, improvements, and building and facility repairs.
· Performs maintenance work as required.
· Requisitions and orders tools, materials, repair parts, and supplies.
· Implements and manages maintenance projects.
· Makes recommendations on work quality and improvements and outsourcing repair work.
· Determines and evaluates priorities of projects.
· Submits reports on maintenance and repair problems, and determines if work should be done by outside contractors.
· Inspects work done by outside contractors and Library Maintainers.
· Contacts approved contractors for repairs, reports, and proposals as necessary.
· Performs administrative duties.
· Authorizes payments of bills.
· Prepares, reviews, records and files reports, proposals, work orders, and other administrative work.
· Manages maintenance staff at all levels.
· Interviews, hires, trains, guides, assigns, schedules, motivates, and evaluates staff and services.
· Interprets and applies policies and procedures; utilizes performance management protocol and submits timely performance reviews, and plans and directs activities and schedules of subordinate staff.
· Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma, General Equivalency Diploma, or High School Equivalency required.
Three to five years of mechanical maintenance experience with specific and extensive HVAC equipment experience, including absorption and gas engine chillers required.
Good working knowledge of the prime construction trades, as well as three years working in a supervisory capacity required.
Must be computer literate (word processing and spreadsheet applications), and able to navigate in a Windows environment.
Familiarity with BMS, carrier comfort network, a plus.
Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must be available for emergency calls 24/7. Schedule may include weekends and evenings.
Must possess a clean and valid driver’s license.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Maintenance Manager - EXTERNAL” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.queenslibrary.org/