Date Last Verified
Provides support services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff in accordance with state regulations, assists the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort according to the patient’s plan of care.
1. Meets federal/state requirements for this position.
2. Home Health Aide (HHA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 484.36. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the agency.
3. Upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.36(a)
4. Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting
5. Has not had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensation since last competency training.
6. Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
7. Able to work as a team member.
8. Current CPR certification
9. High school graduate or equivalent.
10. Current state certification as a nurse assistant preferred.
11. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys Home Health & Hospice Care