About Texas Library Association
Commensurate with experience.
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
Texas Library Association (TLA) a non-profit organization founded in 1902 to promote libraries
and library services in Texas, supports the work of libraries, library professionals, and educators
throughout the state. Our membership of almost 6500 members includes library professionals
from school, public, academic, and special libraries, and library supporters dedicated to helping
libraries better serve their communities. Our team members are warm and friendly, committed
to supporting our members, and inspiring fun in each other. We take initiative and adapt
quickly to an ever-changing environment.
TLA is looking for an energetic and talented Marketing Specialist. This position reports to the
Director of Advocacy & Communications and collaborates with all departments within the
Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Develop and execute creative and effective marketing plans and activities with a focus
on achieving financial and growth targets including increasing conference/event
attendance, membership levels, and overall association revenue.
• Develop and implement marketing tactics across communication channels such as
direct mail, print, advertising, website, exhibits, social media, email, etc.
• Write and edit copy for promotions, advertisements, website, emails, social media and
other collateral. Provide content for TLACast e-newsletter and serve as assistant editor
for Texas Library Journal.
• Create and post content across all social media channels; act as organizational
representative in online real-time social media conversations. Serve as liaison and
resource to TLA Annual Conference social media committees.
• Coordinate TLA presence and volunteer participation at external outreach events and
support efforts of TLA’s Texas Book Festival Committee.
• Assist in developing and implementing new areas for resource generation including
grants and special projects. Support team efforts to create sponsorships and exhibitor
leads, nurture prospects and partnerships.
• Stay attuned to industry trends, best practices, competition, and other factors that may
impact key marketing activities. Assist in identifying and implementing new or
enhanced membership and sponsorship services.
• Work with leadership team to develop and track budget for marketing initiatives.
• Track, analyze and report on key metrics across social media, email, website, and other
tactics related to marketing initiatives. With department liaisons, track analytics on key
revenue areas in relation to marketing initiatives.
• Other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s Degree with Marketing emphasis.
• 2- 5 years professional marketing experience across multiple channels with track record
• Creative problem solver with the ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
• Strong analytical skills; experience in analyzing data to develop and measure marketing
results and ROI.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to multi-task and prioritize
work flow and meet and manage deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with CMS tools (WordPress, Drupal) email
marketing platforms and databases.
• Ability to interpret and implement Association policies and procedures.
• Some travel required – including travel to annual conference.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
• Experience working with associations or nonprofits preferred.
• Position contingent on passing criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you have the experience for this exciting opportunity, we want to learn more about
you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements and writing
TLA Director of Administration
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Texas Library Association
ABOUT US: Texas Library Association (TLA) a non-profit organization founded in 1902 to promote libraries and library services in Texas, supports the work of libraries, library professionals, and educators throughout the state. Our membership of almost 6500 members includes library professionals from school, public, academic, and special libraries, and library supporters dedicated to helping libraries better serve their communities. Our team members are warm and friendly, committed to supporting our members, and inspiring fun in each other. We take initiative and adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment.
BACK TO TOP
Marketing JobSource is Just One
of the Benefits.
Discover what else Effie Membership has to offer!
GET MORE INFO
The job you are trying to reach from
was originally posted at Marketing JobSource.
Help is on the way!
We're sorry you are having trouble applying for this job.
Please try loading this job using the following link before submitting your help request:
Please provide details:
Submit Help Request
AWARDING IDEAS THAT WORK ®
@ Effie Worldwide, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. Effie is a registered trademark / service mark of Effie Worldwide, Inc.
Sign up for email updates
Area of interest
Area of interest
North American Effie
Shopper Marketing Effie