Commensurate with experience
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., a coeducational independent day school in Houston, Texas, seeks a part-time employee to serve as Middle School Library Assistant to begin August 2018. The position involves assisting the Middle School Librarian in the Responsibilities and Duties listed below.
Strong candidates for this position should have experience with a variety of standard library and clerical duties as well as a particular passion for working with middle school students. All candidates should have an earnest desire to work collaboratively with colleagues. The strongest candidates will have demonstrated prior excellence in a middle school setting.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Philip Cannon, Head of Middle School, at ****.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks to attract exceptional individuals of diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff, and student body. The school does not discriminate against people on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethical origin, sexual orientation, and religion or any other category protected under federal, state or local laws. For more information about **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., please go to our web site ****
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION: Under the general supervision of the Middle School Librarian, the Middle School Library Assistant will perform a variety of standard library and clerical duties to assist patrons, including assisting in locating and proper use of resources as well as assisting in the circulation and return of library books and other materials.
1. Demonstrates a working knowledge of library methods and procedures
2. Performs circulation desk procedures, such as checking in and checking out materials, holds, and renewals
3. Supervises students in the library
4. Effectively uses a library catalog
5. Catalogs library materials
6. Processes, withdraws, repairs, or reconditions library materials.
7. Supports collection development in the selection, de-selection, and assessment of the library collection
8. Assists patrons with ready-reference questions and reader advisory, bibliographic instruction and database searching
9. Assists patrons with using technology
10. Possesses a knowledge and enjoyment of young adult literature
11. Answers directional questions
12. Demonstrates familiarity with online citation managers
13. Possesses knowledge of Internet-based research skills
14. Coordinates with volunteers and trains them on shelving procedures
15. Shelves library materials and reads shelves
16. Assists with library programs and displays
17. Orders books supplies
18. Performs other related work as required
Founded in 1946, the School provides an education of exacting standards in the development of the intellectual, ethical, aesthetic, spiritual, physical, social, and emotional capacities of the whole person. Located on a forty-one acre urban campus, the School has 1400 students in grades K-12 supported by 300 faculty and staff members.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Type of Library:
Commensurate with experience
Must have a bachelor's.