POSITION: Part-time Adjunct Faculty in the Division of Continuing Education (DCE) - UPDATED
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. invites applicants for part-time, adjunct faculty positions to teach day courses in Medical Assisting. The College is committed to hiring creative and knowledgeable individuals that have expertise in their discipline.
For further information, see DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement
Fall 2018 Courses - Different times and days
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Medical Assisting Faculty will be responsible for aligning and delivering course content in accordance with program/college policies and procedures, as well as accreditation standards. The courses include both lecture and laboratory time. The Medical Assisting Program at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and follows all accreditation procedures.
* Prepare and teach each course from syllabus consistent with course descriptions
* Provide classroom instruction for sessions which last up to four hours. This may require preparation of materials, standing, conducting lecture/discussion, for a group of up to 30 students, using a variety of instructional materials and technologies. Didactic instruction also includes exam preparation, proctoring, correcting, grading and posting of exam grades.
* Provide laboratory instruction if the course has a skill component. This includes didactic presentations, demonstrations, skill remediation and evaluation of skill competence. Lab instruction may also include preparation of equipment and materials for labs as well as securing/putting away equipment after the conclusion of the lab.
* Promote employability skills and impress upon each student the importance of exhibiting appropriate conduct in the work setting.
* Acquire feedback to determine whether students understand each segment of the course.
* Maintain academic standards consistent with a professional degree and certificate program.
* Evaluate students' progress often and share those evaluations with them promptly.
* Be available to students with concerns.
* Meet course objectives, requirements, and meet student learning outcomes.
* Maintain and submit accurate records of student data by the deadlines determined.
* Meet at least once each semester with program coordinator and attend advisory committee meetings annually.
* Bachelor's degree (BA or BS).Master's degree preferred.
* Current Certification as a Medical Assistant (AAMA or AMT).
* At least 5 years of experience in the field.
* Proficient in office administrative skills such as: billing and coding, Electronic Health Records, computers for the medical office, etc.
* Teaching experience in the medical field, preferably in a Medical Assistant program.
* Demonstrate proficiency with the Internet, email, MS office, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Cultural awareness and competency demonstrated by working with and/or understanding of individuals of diverse identities such as socioeconomic level, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity and veterans including those with different levels of academic preparation, varying physical and learning abilities.
* Bilingual skills preferred.
Salary: The salary assigned will be as determined by the DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement per credit salary chart.
Starting Date: Fall Semester, 2018
Application Deadline: Accepting applications until positions are filled
The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via the online application:
1. Cover Letter
Follow the steps below.
After completing all of the steps below, please go back into the newly created account and double check that your resume, cover letter, application & disclosure forms were uploaded as requested and appear in the format you desire.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please ****.
If you have any questions follow the link to the Help Desk noted in the menu above to the left.