Smith Gardens, Inc
Our Business is Growing!
Smith Gardens, the largest annual and perennial grower in the Pacific Northwest, has an exciting opportunity for a Tag Librarian to join our team at our Aurora, OR, site!
The Aurora, Oregon site opened in 1997, and is located just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon in the beautiful Willamette Valley. The site spans 25 acres with 20 acres of greenhouse and 3 acres of field space.
In 2013, we added a 3-acre State-of-the-art glass greenhouse which has allowed the facility to repurpose 40,000 gallons of water every day helping to reduce our carbon footprint
Performs a variety of functions aimed to increasing inventory accuracy and eliminating tag shortages, to avoid shipping inefficiencies.
- Receive and check in all incoming tag orders.
- Maintain a tag PO file to track the status of each PO, and take note of items that may be in backorder, orders received complete, orders with shipping errors, and report any discrepancies.
- Process all tag transfers to other sites, under the direction of the Purchasing Coordinator.
- Monitor tag inventory for shortages and proper stocking levels.
- Print UPC , pricing labels, etc., as required.
- Measure, record, and report tagging/labeling crew efficiencies as needed.
- Scan incoming and outgoing tags, and record in PICAS daily.
- Supply stations and team with UPC, labels, and tags daily, replenish as needed.
- Perform cycle counts of tags, inventory tags, and other shipping supplies for month- end inventory processing.
- Assist in month-end and year-end supplies inventories.
- Communicate with inventory to review crops and anticipate any tag needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person and via phone,
or radio, with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, both verbal and written.
- Organized with ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Flexible, team player.
- Basic computer skills.
- Plant knowledge a preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Excel preferred
- Work long hours as needed during busy season, including weekends.
- Continuously walk, stand, bend, kneel (and remain working below knee-level) as well as reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds in an environment that is often hot.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD after one year.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing your qualification for this position to ********************************. We look forward to hearing from you!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties or qualifications.
Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Smith Gardens, Inc