Mt. San Antonio College
Initial placement, $80,509- $
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
1. Ensure access and maintain library electronic resources (eBooks; electronic periodicals, aggregated article, streaming video, image, and other databases)
2. Manage the library’s discovery tool, integrated knowledge base, and link resolution
3. Maintain protocols and proxy configuration files for managing remote authentication
4. Ensure the best user experience by implementing, testing, troubleshooting, updating, and customizing the library’s electronic resources through the life cycle
5. Collect, analyze, and interpret usage data to support purchases, renewals, and cancellations
6. Prepare written, analytical reports based on electronic resource usage data and share findings and recommendations with stakeholders
7. Collaborate in the development of policies, procedures, workflows, and decision making for electronic resource acquisition, discovery, and maintenance
8. Develop and lead initiatives to expand and support access to Open Education Resources (OERs) and low or no cost library resources
9. Enhance student learning and promote active engagement by collaboratively developing and delivering instruction supporting and promoting the use of electronic resources
10. Teach, develop, and assess information literacy workshops and in-person or online library credit courses
11. Teach information literacy concepts including print and digital information retrieval strategies, and explain and differentiate the value of print and electronic options
12. Use technology to enhance student learning and facilitate the research experience
13. Provide in-person and online chat reference services that support a philosophy of instruction and research skills development focusing on critical thinking and analysis and are appropriate to a diverse user population
14. Assist and instruct students, faculty, and staff in constructing effective search strategies, finding relevant resources, and evaluating research materials from full-text research databases, library catalogs, and other print and electronic resources
15. Collaborate in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes and unit objectives by focusing on data analysis and using results to formulate strategies for improved outcomes
16. Develop, evaluate, and maintain assigned library collection areas in collaboration with discipline experts as librarian liaison which reflect the curricular needs of liaison departments, are available to support programs, degrees, and certificates as well as individual courses and subject areas
17. Participate in professional and co-curricular activities, e.g., committees, student activities, governance processes, or curriculum review and development
18. Fulfill late afternoon and/or evening assignments that may be required as part of the regular contract
19. Maintain scheduled office and campus hours, and participate in department/division meetings and committees
20. Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract.
Skills and Abilities:
Minimum Qualifications/ Education & Experience:
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Master’s degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science; OR
2. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application); OR
3. The equivalent (must attach an Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form).
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
All candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, must complete the Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form to be considered.
1. Master’s degree from an American Library Association (
) accredited library or information school
2. Experience managing electronic resources management systems, link resolvers, discovery layers, and proxy servers
3. Familiarity with copyright, open licensing options, and fair use
4. Experience associated with the adoption, adaption, and creation of OERs
5. Experience searching full-text research databases and integrated library systems using advanced search techniques and tools
License(s) & Other Requirements:
The incumbent may periodically be required to get to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time, tenure-track, 12-month contract position that begins in the 2018-19 academic year (July 2018). Placement on the salary schedule is based on formal education, full-time and/or part-time teaching, and related work experience, up to a maximum placement at step 9.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees
– The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225
. E-mail: email@example.com
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the
. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The committee will recommend finalists to the President/
and/or Vice President of Instruction for a second interview. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources, needs, and Board of Trustees’ approval. The starting date will be determined following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to $500 maximum. Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to complete and submit your application for this position.
Letters of Recommendation
The required letters of recommendation are not required to be confidential but if your reference prefers to send a confidential letter, please follow these instructions and notify your reference directly. To obtain a confidential letter of recommendation, you must enter the reference’s name and email address in the fields provided under the “Confidential References” section of the application.
: In order for your reference to receive an email with a link to attach a confidential reference letter, you must complete your application and reach the status of “Under Review by HR”. It is recommended that you complete your application and reach this status well in advance of the deadline to provide your reference ample time to attach the letter.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to assure that all required and any optional documents are attached by no later than 11:59 PM
of the initial screening date shown on the job posting.
It is the policy of Mt. San Antonio College that harassment is prohibited and that all persons shall receive equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age (over 40), medical condition (cancer), mental disability, physical disability (including
), marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran Status. This nondiscrimination policy covers Family and Medical Care Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process at 909.274.4225.
Mt. San Antonio College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Conflict of Interest
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy: