See comment below
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Library in Brenham Texas is seeking applicants to provide professional library services with an emphasis on reference and instruction. This position is a part-time, professional position with a maximum of 19 hrs/wk with duties including evening reference shifts during Fall and Spring semesters until 10:30 pm. Variable hours are possible in the Summer due to shorter hours of operation.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Type of Library:
See comment below
Master's Degree in Library/Information Science or its equivalent.
1. Strong written, oral, and instructional communication skills.
2. Effective interpersonal and computer skills.
3. Adaptability, flexibility, ability to contribute collegially and productively in a team environment.
4. Knowledge of instructional concepts, methodologies, technologies and the goals of information literacy.
5. Familiarity with library integrated software, databases, and print and non-print resources relevant to academic libraries and the ability to use and teach them effectively.
6. Ability to work effectively and enthusiastically with freshman and sophomore students.
7. Ability to use current technologies to facilitate instruction and reference duties and data collection.
Training and/or experience in the following areas:
1. Teaching in a classroom setting using a variety of instructional approaches and technologies. Planning lessons and assessing learning outcomes of instruction sessions.
2. Providing individualized instruction in research methods through reference service using a variety of traditional and electronic resources.
3. Creation of research guides, preferably using LibGuides software.
4. Creation of documents, spreadsheets, publications, and presentations with Microsoft Office applications.
Master's degree from an ALA-accredited institution strongly preferred.