Research and Instruction Librarian
Posted Date 1 month ago(2/2/2018 2:09 PM)
Job ID 2017-2370
# Positions 1
The Edward and Barbara Netter Library at Quinnipiac University seeks a dynamic, motivated and service-oriented librarian responsible for developing and delivering innovative information services in the health and basic sciences. The Research and Instruction Librarian supports and collaborates with faculty to integrate electronic information resources into the curriculum. This position will provide innovative library instruction and information literacy programs, including faculty outreach and developing collaborative teaching and learning opportunities inside and outside of the classroom. The successful candidate will also serve as a liaison to assigned academic departments and provide consultation, technical assistance and creative expertise to tailor instructional resources to faculty and student needs.
Reporting to the Director, the Research and Instruction Librarian will primarily support the new Frank H. Netter, MD School of Medicine as well as assisting with the School of Health Sciences and the School of Nursing on the Quinnipiac University North Haven Campus.
About Quinnipiac University:
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Reports Americas Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Reviews The Best 380 Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the Great Colleges to Work For. For more information, please visit **********.
* Serve as a library liaison to assigned academic departments to support their curricular and educational needs
* Routinely interact and communicate with students and faculty to assess information needs in support of curriculum and research
* Provide reference assistance to library users
* Teach library and information skills programs and assist in design and development of instruction
* Serve on library and university committees
* Participate in scholarly activities and professional development
Qualifications & Special Instructions to Applicants
* A Masters degree (MLS) from an ALA-accredited program is required
* Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience required
* Experience at an academic health sciences library or hospital library is preferred
* Education and/or work experience in a health sciences field is a plus
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students and faculty
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Code: 2017-2370
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.quinnipiac.edu
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational university with 6,500 undergraduate and 2,300 graduate students. Quinnipiac is consistently ranked among the best universities by U.S. News & World Report.