connection to 192.168.30.16:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)connection to 192.168.30.16:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
As Optical Communications continues its digital transformation, the quality of customer facing data becomes more transparent and critical. The purpose of the data taxonomist is to craft rules, processes, and organization for the management and improvement of OC's product data and customer data.
• Self-starter who owns the creation and maintenance of taxonomy and metadata to meet current and future customer and business needs.
• You will take initiative to lead positive conversations with partners to help advance how we use metadata to support front-end customer experiences, including planning for content reuse, adaptive content strategy, and personalization architecture.
• Focused and standout approach to developing, implementing and innovating processes for maintaining, auditing, and correcting digital content.
• Significant role where you will passionately support the continued building, development and improvement of our content taxonomy to ensure efficient content management and reporting.
• Strong work ethic to collaborate with technical leads to craft and create the evolution of taxonomy management tools.
• You will develop, implement, maintain and improve guidelines and procedures for consistent and quality tag management and content organization
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network, bring new ideas and take initiative
• Minimum BA/BS degree in related field
• 3 years’ experience and deep knowledge in product data taxonomy
• Strong English Language skills and analytical skills; positive; flexible
• Experience planning and developing content taxonomies and structured metadata for large content catalogs, and crafting state of the art information interactions.
• Experience in planning for content reuse, adaptive content strategy, and content personalization architecture.
• Experience with structured content, including modeling content structures, schemas, and semantics; creative
• Understanding of tools for building and leading taxonomy and metadata; ability to work with and mentor tools engineers to build support for taxonomy and metadata requirements into the content strategy, authoring, and analytics tools.
• Deep knowledge of Information Architecture standard methodologies.
• Master’s Degree, Library and Information Science
• 5 years’ experience
• Experience with market research, audience targeting, competitive analysis, analytics tools, and usability testing.
• Understanding of content technologies such as content management systems, metadata and taxonomy management tools, migration tools, and analytics tools.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, consistent with a customer focus and a deep understanding of the content and of business needs.
• An understanding of support contact center processes and the application of knowledge and communications within them.
• Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and planning, including faceted search planning and onsite search experience design.
Percentage of Annual Travel: Up to 20%
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply online at:
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 3
Education Required: Bachelors