CGI Group Inc.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Build your career with CGI by joining a dynamic team of library professionals at the Library of Congress, the nation's oldest federal cultural institution and the world's preeminent reservoir of knowledge, providing unparalleled collections and integrated resources to Congress and the American people.
The Library Project Manager (PM) will perform a variety of tasks in collections management (with a focus on new acquisitions) to meet the demands created by the vast quantity of items already in the Library's collections, as well as the high rate of growth - a staggering 2.25M items annually. The PM must be able to effectively manage a mid-sized team to prioritize work assignments, complete ongoing tasks, and meet accuracy targets.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Daily activities may include:
* Supervise team responsible for retrieving, sorting, processing, shelving, and shelf reading collection material
* Plan, assign, monitor, and review the processing of collections on a daily basis
* Oversee quality control processes for inspection and review of all aspects of work
* Ensure that all staff meet defined accuracy and productivity requirements
* Address performance and personnel issues with the client and Corporate Liaison
* Train staff on procedures and policies
* Produce written reports and project deliverables for work performed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* 2 years experience working with collections in a major research library with over 1 million volumes while supervising a staff of 20 or more full time personnel
* Supervisory experience on shelf maintenance and bibliographic projects
* 1 years experience in online Integrated Library Systems/MARC records (preferably Voyager) including knowledge of bibliographic, holdings and item records
* Thorough understanding of the Library of Congress Classification System
* Knowledge and ability to train staff and handle the assignment, monitoring, and inspection of work
* The ability to address performance and personnel issues
* The ability to compile statistical data to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports of work performed
* Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office and Excel in particular
* Strong communication skills in English (written and oral)
* Ability to successfully complete background investigation covering criminal, education and employment history
* Work schedule of 40 hours a week Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:30am and 6:30pm, plus evenings and weekends as needed
* The work requires significant physical acumen to shelve, shift, lift, and carry large amounts of materials. The employee must be consistently able to stand, walk, lift, carry, bend, reach, stoop and push/pull heavy carts in order to process, manage, and maintain a very large and complex collection.
* Physical stamina, including the ability to push a fully-loaded book truck containing 300 lbs of material, the ability to lift at least 25 lbs, and the ability to stand for extended periods of time
* MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at
. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Library ofCongress ClassSystem
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*
CGI member's email (@cgi.com)
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
At CGI, we're committed to helping all of our stakeholders succeed. Our 68,000 professionals in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific provide end-to-end IT and business process services that facilitate the ongoing evolution of our clients' businesses. CGI is committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals; to providing our professionals with rewarding careers; and to offering shareholders superior returns over time. At CGI, we are in the business of delivering results.