INTEGRIS Health, Inc
Medical Librarian, Full Time, Medical Library, INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
Job Code: 8559
The Medical Librarian is responsible for the daily administration of the print and electronic resources in addition to providing reference services for INTEGRIS affiliates, staff and patients.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Medical Librarian responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide ILL Services
* Make presentations and support library marketing initiatives
* Review and evaluate statistics to understand impact of resources usage and how to improve adoption and aid with collection development
* Orders all books for the library and departments
* Maintains records of orders, receipt of materials, billing, processing and distribution
* Create and maintain records of library holdings for Docline and any other relevant entities to include copy cataloging and online cataloging as required
* Support reference needs of INTEGRIS staff, including performing literature searches submitted on appropriate databases and provide educational opportunities through in-depth research support
* Support table of contents (TOC) services
* Create, maintain and contribute to LibGuides, such as specialty lists, resource identification and curated resources
The Medical Librarian reports to Manager of Enterprise Information.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Required to climb ladders to re-shelve books.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Master's Degree in library science or related field required.
* 3 years experience in the management of serials, books, circulation and inter-library loan in libraries preferred.
* Previous experience utilizing online databases, word processing, and library-related applications such as ILL management systems
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Every day, INTEGRIS' 9,500 employees work harder than ever to bring the highest-quality health care to the people and communities we serve. As the state's largest, not-for-profit, Oklahoma-owned health care system, it would be easy for me to focus on us, what we do and how well we do it. But health care is not about us. It's about you. You motivate, inspire and challenge us each and every day. And the one thing we wish for you is wellness. That's why our physicians are positioned in more than 160 clinics statewide, to help you stay well. It's why we provide everything from educational events, free health screenings and health blogs to heart and body scans, fitness services and vaccinations. Wellness is important for all of us, but when you or your loved ones face serious illness, we are here to offer peace of mind – as well as unparalleled care. We have a long history of pioneering medical advancements, like Oklahoma's first heart, lung and kidney transplants, one of the nation's first proton therapy centers and many of the nation's – and world's – first successes with artificial heart technology. We are committed to the people and communities we serve, and delivering on that commitment means offering a full spectrum of care, from improving lives with nationally-accredited sleep disorders, bariatric and fertility treatment centers to saving lives with the Tele-stroke Network and leading edge stroke care. And it means bringing you the latest technologies in burn, cardiac care and rehabilitation, including Ekso-bionics, which helps many who are wheelchair-bound to walk again. At INTEGRIS, our achievements span decades, but I am proud to point out that these accomplishments are not just part of our history. Advances in medicine happen every day, and we remain on the leading-edge.