Shelby County Schools
Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School
Purpose and Scope:
This position is responsible for the professional instructions designed to provide academic, social, physical, and skills development for students in specific grades/subject areas to prepare the to be successful citizens and workers in the 21st century.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Creates an educational environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and needs of the students; prepares instructional materials for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation to supervisor/administrator upon request.
2. Establishes a standard of classroom behavior; maintains classroom management in and outside of the school.
3. Assess the accomplishments of students on an established timetable, and provides written and oral progress reports to parents/guardians, administrators and selected staff; administers tests and assessments. 4. Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students within state and school requirements based on the educational, physical, and emotional levels of student development.
4. Confers with parents, administrators, specialists, mental health staff, and appropriate resource staff to develop educational programs for students.
5. Creates learning materials geared to students' abilities and interests.
6. Instructs students by using educational strategies and techniques to improve sensory mother and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory language, communication skills, cognition, social, and emotional development.
7. Motivates students and provides consistent reinforcement of learning skills, and provides continuous assessment and feedback to students for all learning activities.
8. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, and district and administrative regulations.
9. Assists administration in implementing all policies, and rules governing student activities and conduct.
10. Sponsors student activities/clubs/teams/organization and tutors students as requested.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Requires a Bachelor's degree and endorsement in the grade/subject taught with a valid Tennessee certificate. Governed by the Rules and Regulations of the Tennessee Code Annotated and the collective bargaining agreement. Must be physically and mentally able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the position.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for Bachelor’s Degrees must be included.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
SCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SCS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
SCS does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, handicap/disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, or age (40 or older).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
High energy level verbal and written communication skills
Attention to detail high work standards
Organizing and planning
Critical thinking stress tolerance
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on the Apply Now button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education America Network.
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Shelby County Schools
Website : http://www.scsk12.org