Oak Park and River Forest #200
Type of Employment:
Per Faculty Senate collective bargaining agreement 17/18 salary schedule, available here: http://www.oprfhs.org/human-resources/documents/17-18SalarySchedule.pdf. $56,844 annual salary at entry level, BA/step 1, prorated to start date.
OPRF – WHO WE ARE…
Oak Park and River Forest High School, or OPRF, is a comprehensive public high school located in Oak Park, Ill., a suburb eight miles due west of downtown Chicago. We are a one-school district, with the majority of our students coming from two sender districts, River Forest Public Schools District 90 and Oak Park Elementary School District 97. We offer more than 200 courses, a variety of programs for students with special needs, 75 clubs and activities, and 29 competitive sports. We prepare our students well for post-secondary success, with an average ACT composite score of 24 and a 94% graduation rate. Oak Park and River Forest are communities that highly value diversity. OPRF is a founding member of the national Minority Student Achievement Network, and our school is racially and economically diverse, with about 44% of our 3,300 students identifying as African-American, Hispanic, multiracial, or Asian. Our villages have long embraced the LGBTQ community, and we have a significant mix of homeowners and renters. We seek faculty and staff who have high expectations for all students, and who value student voice in education. As a school, we are particularly focused on closing opportunity gaps for our students of color. OPRF is an equal opportunity employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. OPRF’s goal is to increase its representation of people of color. Background:
Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200 is a progressive district that is focused not only on our tradition of excellence but our future. The District prides itself in offering our students a comprehensive 9-12 college and career readiness curriculum and a rich arts education program. Our students are curious, creative, and they come ready to learn. More than 90 percent of our students go on to college. Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200 believes that we can “become an ever-improving model of equity and excellence that will enable all students to achieve their full potential.” We can accomplish this through dedicated teachers, staff, and administration who build relationships with students and have high expectations for themselves and their students. We believe in planning for and providing the academic and developmental support students need to meet those expectations. We further believe that every student can learn through exposure to academically challenging content, feedback during learning, and the educator’s knowledge and skill. Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200 is a great place for those who are interested in an environment that supports creativity, leadership at all levels, innovation, a focus on professional and curriculum development, and the best practices of instruction. We are currently seeking individuals to join our team where we enable all students to achieve their full potential every day. Position Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to:
• Promote information literacy for all students through individual and group instruction.
• Collaborate with teachers to develop meaningful library experiences for all students.
• Develop LibGuides of library resources for instruction.
• Create a respectful and welcoming library environment for all.
• Extensive knowledge of bibliography for both print and database resources.
• Develop and maintain library collections.
• Collaborate with teachers to develop curricular and recreational reading assignments that address the Illinois Learning Standards.
• Promote reading through literature-based programs.
• Understand the mechanics of cataloging and organizing information.
• Communicate with students and faculty about the library resources and services.
• Understand instructional technologies and their value to the library program.
• Participate in division meetings, staffing decisions, and school-wide committees.
• Engage in professional continuing education.
• Perform a supervisory duty in accordance with the faculty contract.
• Other duties as assigned by management. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive listing of the duties performed in this position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned. Oak Park & River Forest High School District 200 (OPRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position description should not be considered to contain every function/responsibility that an individual may be asked to perform by his/her supervisor. Employees are expected to perform other related functions as assigned.
• Illinois Library Media Certification for Secondary Education-- required
• ALA Accredited Master's in Library and Information Science—highly desirable
• High school teaching experience-- desirable
Report Card Link:
District Report Card
Job Posting Date:
Oak Park and River Forest #200
Phone : 708)434-3211
Fax : 708)434-3917