The Discovery Services Librarian is responsible for planning, managing, supporting, and evaluating a range of library systems including but not limited to the web discovery platform, Integrated Library System (ILS), and other operational activities and initiatives.
• Provides leadership and support for all aspects of the implemented web discovery platform, ILS, and other related library systems.
• Stays current with new technologies as applied to digital library platforms and works with appropriate LIT staff to implement upgrades and new technologies.
• Works with the Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian regarding configuration and operational support for acquisitions and resources management functions within the Library’s ILS.
• Works with the Director of Digital Initiatives on technology platforms supporting the library and our digital collections.
• Provides support, documentation, and training to other Librarians and staff working with component parts of the supported library systems as needed.
• Stays current with developments in cataloging, bibliographic description and subject analysis, metadata standards.
• Works with external vendor support personnel and with colleagues from other academic institutions on consortia projects and initiatives.
• Evaluates with other librarians the effectiveness and efficiencies of existing library platforms/systems in support of desired configuration, layout, and design of library web resources.
• Participates in instruction and research services to gain further insight into users’ practical experience with library discovery tools.
General Library Faculty Responsibilities:
• Participates in LIT and Library planning initiatives and in establishing and evaluating goals, objectives, and priorities.
• Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates any staff that may report to the position.
• Serves on university-wide committees, task forces, or study groups as desired or needed.
| Subscribe To AIMJOBS Newsletters
| Employee Forms
| Application Form
| Available Jobs
Website : http://www.aimusa.com/
AIM Library and Information Staffing specializes in placing librarians and support staff to work in a wide variety of library jobs in special, public, academic, school, government libraries and information centers. Established in 1984, AIM has a proven track record of placing quality pre-screened and pre-qualified candidates in libraries and information centers throughout the United States.