Texas Tech University, Health Sciences Center
$45,000 - $50,000
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Libraries are committed to providing outstanding service in today's evolving information environment. We are seeking a librarian for the position of Assistant Director, Reference Librarian at the Harrington Library of the Health Sciences in Amarillo, TX. This position, which reports to the Associate Director, will provide reference services; promote information literacy through library instruction; aid in collection development; assist with outreach activities; supervise support staff circulation; serve as the library liaison to the School of Pharmacy and School of Health Professions; and provide instruction in evidence-based medicine, library resources, and biomedical information management. This position includes an opportunity for non-tenure Faculty Associate appointment in the TTUHSC School of Medicine. Librarians are expected to develop a record of service, scholarship, and professional development.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Type of Library:
$45,000 - $50,000
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including funding for professional development.
Master's of Library Science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a medical library or an academic health sciences library
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience providing library instruction in a college/university setting to students and faculty having a wide range of skills and goals
- Demonstrated database searching skills
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and social media
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Undergraduate subject credentials in the biological or health sciences
- Previous experience with teaching evidence-based medicine principles and practice
- Knowledge of or participation in systematic reviews
- Experience in embedded librarianship