Salt Lake Community College
Current Adjunct Rates
Incumbent will be responsible for all tasks and activities related to the delivery of course content including test administration, record keeping, and management of an effective learning environment. The approved course curriculum must be followed, per
policy, assuring successful completion of identified student learning outcomes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. It is the responsibility of the instructor to ensure that students are given the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills they will need to successfully complete the course and apply what they have learned.
2. Instructor will be responsible to give timely feedback to students on assignments, quizzes, exams, projects; clearly communicate expectation related to coursework; maintain open line of communication with program coordinator; maintain student records as requested by the program coordinator (i.e., grades, attendance, waivers, etc.); adapt curriculum to meet current industry trends and/or standards.
3. The format of this course will be a mixture of lectures, class discussions, student presentations, assignments, and hands-on activity. The instructor must be comfortable in varied learning environments.
4. Coordinate Student
accommodations requests following college policy and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
5. Support department assessment initiatives.
6. Meet College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
7. Complete all required training.
8. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
policies and procedures.
1. One or more years teaching experience or equivalent, including 1 or more of the following: Bibliographic Instruction, Information Literacy Training, ePortfolio Training and/or Technology Literacy Training.
2. Prior experience working with adult learners.
1. Masters Degree in Library and Information Science or a directly related field required.
2. Three years or more experience working in a Library and Information Science related field.
3. General knowledge of the Library and Information Science field and experience in 1 or more of the following: Library and Information Science, Genealogy, Competitive Intelligence and/or Knowledge Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
3. Excellent computer and software skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.) and the ability to learn and work with various
4. Must be adaptable, flexible, and have the ability to multi-task.
5. Demonstrates proficiency in and passion for teaching.
6. Tracking and record keeping of student enrollment and progress.
7. Must be dependable.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
As directed by
Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
For more Information, please contact Katy Jonsson at (801) 957-5383.
This is a pooled position and the hiring depratment will review the applicants when positions become available.
Salt Lake Community College
Phone : (801) 957-5383.
Website : http://www.slcc.edu
Salt Lake Community College is Utah's largest college with the most diverse student body. It serves more than 60,000 students on 10 campuses and with online classes. All ages. Many interests. Flexible scheduling. With an exceptional range of academic and career-oriented options. A superb faculty—and a faculty-to-student ratio of 1:20—means our students get personal attention from exceptional academic and vocational professionals. With more than 120 areas of study, there's a lot of room to grow. This is a place that high school graduates can take their first step into higher education and later transfer to a 4-year school. Where students can earn training and skills to take them directly into the workforce. Career professionals sharpen their skills. And anyone can take a class for their own enjoyment.