Department Swilley Library
Vacancy Number F18-069
Work Location Atlanta
Mercer University seeks an innovative and collegial professional to serve on our Research Services Team for Health, Engineering, and Sciences. As part of the University Library's Research Services Team, the candidate will participate in reference activities, provide instruction, and serve assigned academic departments within an agile and collaborative research environment. The position is a key component of a team-based approach with colleagues who are committed to the successful blending of high quality customer service and access to all resources.
• Serve as an active and engaged member of the Research Services Team.
• Implement innovative and creative uses of information technology to support and enhance
• Participate in departmental activities including scheduling reference coverage, maintaining and analyzing statistics, and developing web-based library guides to support reference services.
• Collaborate with colleagues in the development, delivery, and assessment of reference services in a team-based environment.
• Participate in all areas of Research Services, including reference assistance, instruction activities, collaboration with faculty and students in academic departments, and collection development.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement best practices across all library locations. Some travel to other campuses will be required.
• Work with campus partners across multiple academic units to advance research and student learning in these key areas.
• Serve as a member of the library faculty and engage in service and scholarly activities.
This twelve month, non-tenure track position carries faculty rank in the Division of Library Services.
Required Qualifications include:
• An ALA-accredited Master's degree
• Demonstrated commitment to working in a team environment, preferably in a higher education setting.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully and collaboratively with faculty and other members of an academic community.
• Evidence of initiative, creativity, problem solving, and the ability to influence others in a positive way.
• Experience in library instruction or other teaching experience in STEM subjects or health science technology at the college level.
• Experience leading successful workshops and training for an academic audience.
• Thorough understanding of current issues, trends, and technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries.
• Experience building successful relationships across disciplines.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications include:
• Demonstrated leadership ability and supervisory experience
• Innovative approaches to problem solving.
• Accountability for service quality.
• Experience with content management systems.
• Academy of Health Information Professions (AHIP) certification.
Salary and faculty rank are dependent on qualifications and experience. Mercer offers a strong benefits package, including tuition waiver program, and 22 vacation days plus University holidays.
The position is based in Atlanta and includes collaboration with colleagues in all locations, including Macon, Douglas County, and Henry County. Additional information on the Mercer University Library is available at: http://libraries.mercer.edu.
Mercer University is the only independent university of its size to offer programs in liberal arts, business, engineering, education, medicine, health professions, pharmacy, law, theology, nursing, and music. Additional information is available at http://www.mercer.edu.
Candidates seeking an exciting opportunity to shape evolving research services within a dynamic library organization and collaborate with colleagues in this Research Services Team should submit an online application and include 1) letter of application addressing the qualifications for the position, 2) resume/CV, and 3) contact information for three professional references. Applications received by January 22, 2018, will receive first consideration.
Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Website : http://www.mercer.edu
Mercer University is one of America’s oldest and most distinctive institutions of higher learning, offering rigorous programs that span the undergraduate liberal arts to doctoral-level degrees. Founded by early 19th century Baptists, Mercer — while no longer formally affiliated with the Baptist denomination — remains committed to an educational environment that embraces the historic Baptist principles of intellectual and religious freedom, while affirming values that arise from a Judeo-Christian understanding of the world.