Salt Lake City, UT
General Purpose: Under general supervision, performs a variety of circulation activities; and provides customer service and support in relation to the area of assignment. Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Responds to inquiries and provides customer service, assistance and instruction to library patrons; interprets library rules, policies, and procedures to the public.
• May create and maintain assigned library book displays, bulletin boards, and displays.
• May assist in ensuring the delivery of high-quality library programs and services to the community.
• Staffs public services desk and interacts with patrons in-person, by telephone, or electronically.
• May perform various circulation duties including checking books in- out, receiving hold requests, processing library card applications, and answering incoming phone calls as assigned.
• May participate in outcome related activities. • Performs other duties as assigned or required. Required Knowledge of: • Public library operations, programs, and services.
• Policies and procedures relative to library operations.
• Reference and circulation processes and procedures.
• Library computer systems, databases, software and commonly used technology and applications.
• Customer service standards and procedures. • Strong interpersonal communication abilities. • Expertise to understand and follow written and oral instructions in English. Required Skill in:
• Providing support in relation to library operations for area of assignment.
• Assisting in ensuring the delivery of quality library services- programs to the community.
• Providing customer service, instruction, and assistance to library patrons.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with other staff, other branches, patrons of all ages and diversity. • Effective communications both verbally and written. Physical requirements- Working environment:
• Work is performed in a library environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting of objects.
• Must be able to push- pull library carts and lift- carry library materials.
• Must have good hand mobility and coordination. Requirements:
• Completion of 2yrs of college or an equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates general liberal arts experience and knowledge.
• Enthusiasm for books and libraries and a strong desire to work with the public.
• The expertise to read and write the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance is need. • Expertise to work days, nights or weekends as scheduled.
• Spanish language skills or other foreign language skills desired.
Library Assistant, Par...
Visit Our Partner Website
This listing was posted on another website. Click here to open: Utah
Instantly Post Your Resume on 85 Top Sites!
In about 5 minutes you'll be on all of the top sites like: Career Builder, Beyond, Job.com, and Dice.
Post your resume today.
Important Safety Tips
Always meet the employer in person.
Avoid sharing sensitive personal and financial information.
Avoid employment offers that require a deposit or investment.
To learn more, visit the Safety Center
or click here
to report this listing.
Department Of Workforce Services
Website : http://jobs.utah.gov/