ACADEMIC LIBRARIAN(R04DN) or ASSOC ACAD LIBRARIAN(R04FN)
Degree and area of specialization:
Master's degree in Library or Information Science required.
Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a natural or life science desirable.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Academic course work in natural or life sciences and/or experience in a natural or life science environment.
* Minimum 1 year of instructional experience, including some classroom instruction.
* Demonstrated familiarity with current and emerging technologies used to enhance delivery of information resources and services.
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently, collaboratively and contribute positively to a team environment.
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Minimum 1 year of experience in reference and/or instruction in an academic or special library.
* Possess a strong user-centered public service philosophy and interest in scientific research and learning.
* Demonstrated knowledge in the use and support of life sciences online resources and bibliographic management tools.
* Demonstrated knowledge of trends in life sciences research, funding and scholarly communication, including research data services and data management planning.
* Significant course work in plant sciences and/or environmental studies.
* Initiative, flexibility and the ability to creatively adapt to changing needs and priorities.
* Experience working with students, staff and faculty in a university or college environment.
* Demonstrated outreach experience in developing working partnerships with clientele and communities.
Steenbock Library is seeking an energetic, proactive, innovative, and service-oriented librarian to collaborate with other science librarians in a wide range of library services and programming, including outreach and liaison to the life sciences research community, information literacy instruction, and reference services. Principal duties include:
* Serve as liaison to assigned life sciences departments, centers and programs to cultivate and sustain effective working relationships in support of related interdisciplinary research and teaching needs; lead identification, development and enhancement of services that respond to these needs.
*Provide information, research and reference services with an emphasis on assigned liaison areas; develop web and print-based materials that support these services; collaborate with colleagues to support UW-Madison science libraries' resources and services.
* Participate on the campus Research Data Services team with other librarians and information technology staff to help provide consultations, presentations and other services to support research data management planning and best practices.
* Plan, teach and assess information literacy in collaboration with faculty to integrate information literacy objectives and essential learning outcomes into the curriculum; develop web and print-based materials that support science information literacy.
* Participate in campus-wide public service and instruction committees.
* Participate in professional development activities.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison serves a diverse community of approximately 41,000 students and is renowned for its outstanding research and teaching programs. The University's libraries rank as one of the leading research collections in North America.
Steenbock Memorial Library, a member of the General Library System at UW-Madison, serves the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS), the School of Human Ecology (SoHE), the School of Veterinary Medicine (SVM), the Institute for Biology Education (IBE), the College of Letters and Sciences (L&S) Departments of Botany and Zoology, and UW Extension/Cooperative Extension. Other important client groups are the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, and undergraduate residents of nearby residence halls. This position reports to the Head of Steenbock's Information Services Department.
Steenbock Library provides a forward-thinking, collegial working environment for its staff, and a comfortable, high-use learning space for its patrons. Incorporating amenities such as group study rooms, laptop checkouts and plentiful computer workstations, Steenbock is popular with students studying life sciences as well as undergraduates living in nearby residence halls.
For more information, please visit Steenbock's website, ****and the campus libraries' website, ****A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
Appointment Type: Academic Staff
Department(s): LIBR/STEENBOCK AG LIBRARY
Full Time Salary Rate: Minimum $41,336 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Appointment percent: 100%
Anticipated begin date: JUNE 01, 2012
Number of Positions: 1
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
Application must be received by: MAY 09, 2012
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
The review of applications will begin on 5/9/12 and applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #73387 to:
**** State St
**** Memorial Library
Madison, WI 53706-1418
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information
| Subscribe To **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.JOBS Newsletters
| Employee Forms
| Application Form
| Available Jobs
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.aimusa.com/
AIM Library and Information Staffing specializes in placing librarians and support staff to work in a wide variety of library jobs in special, public, academic, school, government libraries and information centers. Established in 1984, AIM has a proven track record of placing quality pre-screened and pre-qualified candidates in libraries and information centers throughout the United States.